Carbon Electrode Zapper

This is how I made my newest zapper, I call it the Carbon Brush Zapper.  I chose to use 4 brushes, with one in each corner of the plastic container,   I I want the flow of current to be as evenly distributed as possible.  The beauty of using carbon brushes is that they are not be sacrificial, meaning that they will never decompose during the electrolysis process.  There are two good things about this:

1.  Never need to replace the anode material.
2.  No heavy metal deposits from the anode in the electrolyte

1.  I assembled the materials and some of the tools.
     Brushes and metal tubing with fittings and some kind of
     plastic tub are about the only  material needed
2.  Using a grinder and a Dremel tool, a hole was cut into the
      tubing.  The wire lead from the brush was inserted
      through the hole.  After the wire was in inserted it was soldered
      in place using solder and a torch.

3.  Another hole was ground out at the other end of the tube and another brush soldered in.
4.  Epoxy glue was applied to hold the rod to the brush. 5.  The completed anode.
6.  The anode was insulated, no sense taking a chance with
     a short.
7.  The complete unit with the cathode in place, the cathode
      is 2 pieces of tubing joined with fittings into a U shape.
      2 rows of coins will be able to go side by side.
8.  I soldered copper wire to a copper clip and bent it
     so that it will hang on the rods.
  9.  Here is the zapper with 20 clips hanging on it.
10. A closer look at the arrangement. 11.  This is the zapper running at 4 Amps and with 20 coins hanging
        from the rods.  I am using A&H washing soda this time.  It is
        supposed to be better on the coins.
12.  A closer look, seems to be working OK