HOW TO BUILD A ZAPPER
Building an electrolysis unit can be as simple or as complex as
you want it to be.
Lets build the simple zapper first.
You will need the following materials to make the zapper, the
materials don't need to
-A small plastic container like a tupperware dish.
|1. Using two pair of pliers or a
vice and pliers, bend your spoon
into a shape like this. This will be your anode, or positive.
2. Next cut the end of the adapter off and separate the wires.
3. Strip about 1/2 inch of insulation off each wire. On this adapter one of the wires was entirely bare copper, I just put a wrap of electrical tape around it
4. Add water to your bowl and put in some salt or baking soda.
5. Place the two leads that you stripped into the electrolyte,
6. Plug the adapter into the wall outlet. Watch the leads in the
|7. Remembering which
one of the leads was fizzing, unplug the
adapter from the wall. Using a piece of electrical tape mark the
negative lead by wrapping a piece of tape around the wire.
8. Attach the alligator clips to the bare copper ends, this can
9. You are done. Place the bent spoon over the edge of the
10. Plug in the adapter and watch the crud fall off.
Notice how dirty
|This is the tip of the spoon after zapping just one coin! You might want to consider some other piece of metal for your anode.|
|Here is the result of the zapping, a rather poor As of Augustus (I think)|
|Want to check out a larger zapper?|